How to properly take inventory in the warehouse
At enterprises of any kind of activity, periodic inventory of the warehouse is required. It does not depend on the scale and specifics – a reconciliation is required both for construction companies with a huge list of materials and tools and for small stores with a limited list of goods.
Why do I need to perform a reconciliation:
- to monitor the quantity of inventory items, maintain their safety and integrity, as well as compliance with the condition of the regulatory;
- to understand the consumption and its rate, planning further timely procurements;
- to monitor the relevance and expiration dates, condition of assets, timely sale or use of goods, sending assets for scheduled repairs, modernization, replacement, technical inspection, etc.;
- to be able to fulfil obligations to consumers – an accurate awareness of the goods and materials available will ensure uninterrupted operation and delivery within the agreed time frame.
Reconciliation can be a long and complicated procedure if its process is poorly established. If you have been thinking about how to take inventory in your warehouse without spending extra man-hours and resources, try our specialized application for automation.
When is it necessary to carry out inventory of the warehouse
Each company independently sets the periods and rules of warehouse inventory Create clear instructions for the personnel that will assist in making reconciliation without hitches and controversial issues.
The internal audit can be scheduled or unscheduled. Scheduled reconciliation is carried out periodically, as determined in advance, and depending on the specifics of the work, often from 1 to 4 times a year. An unscheduled internal audit is ordered by the general executive or the inspection authorities without prior warning of employees – this helps to find out about the real state of things at the enterprise, to identify cases of theft. There are also following reasons to order an unscheduled inspection:
- transfer of property to another owner, change of financially responsible employees;
- change of ownership, restructuring of the organization;
- emergencies that could or have led to property damage, including anthropogenic and natural force majeure circumstances; reduction of staff by more than 50%.
- reduction of staff by more than 50%.
Also, reconciliation can be complete and partial. A partial inventory of goods in the warehouse with 1C 8.2 when using our special EqMan application is allowed as often as required by management – process automation enables quick and accurate operation without wasting time on filling out papers, tables and other bureaucratic difficulties.
What you need to do for a simple and quick inventory of the warehouse is to order specialized software and implement it. Our platform can be installed in one day and does not require additional equipment. Even inexperienced employees will be able to accurately enter statements, do it without a hitch directly from their smartphone.
In the application, you will summarize the results of the inspection and instantly see discrepancies in the balances, if any. What is significant is that thanks to automation, the problem of shortage can be solved since the acceptance of goods is also carried out more clearly and transparently and write-offs without dual confirmation become impossible. Misgrading, errors due to human inattention and employee intentional frauds are minimized.
After entering the data in the software, reports and statistics are generated, based on which the owner makes management decisions. All documents can be downloaded in a convenient format and printed.
It does not matter if you previously carried out inventory of goods in the warehouse using non-specialized software. The databases are loaded into EqMan, you do not have to transfer everything manually.