Why do I need an inventory of assets?
Reconciliation can be complete and partial, as well as planned and unplanned. The goals and reasons for different types of internal audits differ depending on the situation. But in general, the reconciliation is carried out to perform such tasks:
- identification and accounting of the material property of the institution for ensuring its further safety, as well as the identification of unaccounted inventory items;
- identification of discrepancies between the actual and nominal quantity of goods – shortages and surpluses of inventory items are recognized and eliminated;
- checking the rules for the maintenance of goods, stocks, equipment, checking the rules of operation and recommended conditions;
- obtaining information about the use of inventory items, identifying patterns and statistics. Which consumables are more economical, which types of products are poorly marketed and not profitable.
- Assessment of available resources in terms of their market value and actual condition.
It is mandatory by law to conduct an internal audit before the annual reporting, during the change of responsible persons, transfer of ownership, as well as after cataclysms and natural disasters affecting the company.
How to start inventory accounting
The procedure consists of several stages:
- Preparation. At this stage, an order is executed in which a commission is appointed, the terms of the internal audit are determined; it specifies in which departments and which assets will be reconciled. All involved persons shall be familiarized with the order.
- Conducting the reconciliation. The actual availability of inventory items is determined, weighing, measurements, and verification of key indicators are carried out. The procedures are carried out with the participation of all members of the commission.
- Reconciliation of the received information, identification of inconsistencies and their registration. Discrepancies are identified, their causes are described, and recorded in the statements.
- Entering the results into the documents, bringing the actual results in line with the nominal indicators according to the documents. If there is a shortage, the persons concerned and their punishment are determined.
For reconciliation to take place quickly and discrepancies to be minimal, it is important to organize storage and accounting. Therefore, it is worth starting work with a certificate of the automatic accounting system. Create a clear storage system. Mark the assets and appoint those responsible for them. Then the internal audits will be carried out quickly and without unpleasant consequences.
Ready-made solutions for inventory of material assets
Previously, records were made in huge dusty books, later in spreadsheets. Of course, this is better than a complete lack of inventory. But in the XXI century, there are more effective ways. One of them is the Eqman mobile app.
- Suitable for institutions of all sizes – flexible tariffs are beneficial for small vegetable stalls at your home and entire international networks.
- Suitable for all profiles: manufacturing, construction, IT companies and offices, medical institutions, trade, HoReCa.
- Allows you to get all the information about the inventory item after a single scan of a tag.
- Does not require special equipment – only smartphones.
- Helps to carry out internal audits 3 times faster.
- Prevents employee fraudulent operations thanks to the dual confirmation of acceptance and issuance of inventory items.
- Can be implemented in one day.
- Assists in tracking the location and movement of inventory items, as well as marking employees who are responsible for them.
- Contributes to reducing downtime by 35% thanks to the awareness of the situation and ease of planning.
- Includes various types of reports and analysis that are generated automatically.
Additionally, Eqman offers a free trial period. It is not limited in time – use as much as you need to understand the benefits of the service. When you want to expand the functionality, choose the appropriate tariff. Try it!