Material accounting in construction organization
Accounting in construction is necessary primarily for tracking tools and equipment, consumables and other inventory items. Accounting of construction materials at the site is a priority component of costing and eventually pricing. In this matter, insufficient accuracy may cost too much. The key problem are the large number of items and the price variability. This applies not only to raw materials, but also equipment and consumables. They are sorted by type and quantity, by location and the persons materially liable for them. What should I do so that the calculations are correct and I don't have to spend too much time on them? The answer is simple: use special construction accounting software.
How to keep records of building materials at the site
Automation has greatly simplified the task. Thanks to software, you need less time to calculate, and a huge staff is no longer required to do so. The only thing required is to enter data on time. Now everything just got easier with the advent of the smartphone application, which allows you to easily find out the status and quantity of inventory items. Install EqMan for free and see how convenient it is.
Using the application in accounting at a construction site
The automated accounting application for tools and other inventory items greatly facilitates the work of several departments at once. What are the benefits of using this customized application? Here are some of them:
- the EqMan application works on any smartphone, and implementation at the enterprise will take one day;
- You will know exactly how many inventory items of all types you own;
- the transfer and storage location of each tool is recorded in the application, so you will know where it is and who is responsible for it; the tool issue accounting application also allows you to rationally allocate equipment across different sectors reducing its downtime, which means increasing the efficiency and speed of construction;
- the quantity of raw materials and equipment in stock and in operation is also recorded, as well as their condition;
- it is easy to order consumables in a timely manner and calculate the budget for purchase and repair;
- there is no need for frequent inventory: all data is already entered into the system, only occasionally does it make sense to check compliance. The speed and accuracy of inventory increases by 3 times;
- records are kept of the issuance of tools to employees, personal responsibility for equipment increases, as well as cases of theft decrease;
- when calculating construction costs, it is possible to accurately calculate both the raw materials spent and the depreciation of equipment.
Accounting for losses in construction
When calculating the consumption rate of raw materials and consumables, losses are also taken into account, which may be technological expenses or irretrievable losses due to the defects, negligence of workers or delivery services, and other unforeseen circumstances. It is important initially to budget for a percentage of losses, as well as to carry out actual calculation and classification to receive compensation from those responsible for losses, if any. And you already know how to do it accurately and quickly: by using our customized application that instantly specifies the type, scale and nature of losses for each type of inventory items.
Material write-off monitoring during construction
Writing-off also becomes much easier if using the application. Thanks to special marking products, all data regarding the inventory items are entered into the system only once. You will be able to edit these data easily in just a couple of clicks later. When using EqMan, a wide range of users have access, and any movement or change is recorded immediately. The manager supervises the accounting of materials at the contractor and sees the movement of all inventory items, which helps to eliminate thefts. It is not just convenient, but also profitable – no more losses and transparency of accounting.
Do you want to try the EqMan app? Apply for a trial period!
Try for free!